Rachael Sage : 500+hrs CYT
Training & Certifications
Additional Supportive Education
Rachael Sage is a teacher of mindfulness‐based yoga and meditation practices at the 500+ hour level. A practitioner since 2004 and teacher since 2011, Rachael developed a deep connection to the healing and transformative aspects of yoga through her original 300‐hour foundation in Dharma Yoga (an Awareness‐based practice of Hatha yoga through a Buddhist lens).
Creating and holding empowering spaces for others to experience yoga in their own way is important to Rachael and she strives to create safe and welcoming spaces through trauma‐informed practices, encouragement of self‐inquiry, and validation of all bodies and experiences. She is committed to offering yoga in a way that provides tools for healing, nourishing, grounding and rest that students can draw upon in any moment in their lives off the mat.
Students regularly describe Rachael’s guidance as helping them to connect more deeply with themselves, while making yoga relatable and creating experiences that feel uplifting, empowering, restorative, and inspiring.
Mindfulness‐based yoga & meditation ● Trauma‐informed and Resource‐based yoga ● Therapeutic yoga styles, including Yin, Restorative and Yoga Nidra ● Yoga for Teens (including wellness and social practices)
● April 2018: Trauma‐Informed Yoga Training by Yoga Behind Bars, Olympia WA (Rosa Vissers & Jess Frank)
● August 2017 & May 2018: Yoga for Teens Training by Next Generation Yoga, Kirkland WA (Mackenzie Studebaker)
● June 2016: Certificate of Advanced Studies Completion at the 500‐hour level from Twist Yoga, Edmonds WA
● April 2013: Certificate of Advanced Studies for 100‐hours of study from Dharma Yoga, Austin TX
● August 2011: Completion of Yoga Teacher Training 200‐hour level from Dharma Yoga, Austin TX (Keith Kachtick)
● Additional CEUS include: Trauma‐Informed Yoga Teacher Training w/ Hala Khouri (2014), Applied Study of the Chakras w/ Seane Corn (2015), Yin Yoga & Restorative Yoga w/ Janell Hartman (2014), Yoga Nidra w/ Michele Hausman (2016), Vedic Thai Yoga w/ Camilla Figueroa (2011) and Mukti (2015), & more
12‐week Buddhist meditation practice with Senior Staff Teacher Kelly Lindsey of Yoga Studies Institute & Dharma Yoga; 8‐Week Intensive Women’s Circle for development of intuition, communication, personal practice, and leadership with Cosetta Romani; Reiki (I‐III) through Northwest Healing Studio; Undergraduate Studies: Comparative Religions & Gender & Women’s Studies, Buddhist Studies: Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Lama Surya Das, Pema Chödrön, Thich Nhat Hanh
Teen Yoga Empowerment Circles, Beginner Series for both Yoga & Meditation, Healing through Chakras & Energetics, Thai Yoga & Partner Work for Connection & Compassion, The Practical Magic of Tarot (Evolving Spiritual Practice with Intuition)