A practitioner since 2004 and teacher since 2011, Rachael developed a deep connection to the healing and transformative aspects of yoga through her original 300‐hour foundation in Dharma Yoga (an Awareness‐based practice of Hatha yoga through a Buddhist lens, founded in Austin, Texas). Since then, she has accrued over 500 hours of teacher trainings and continues to be an engaged student of integrative (Mind-Body-Spirit) healing practices.
Creating and holding empowering spaces for others to experience yoga in their own way is important to Rachael and she strives to create safe and welcoming spaces through trauma‐informed practices, encouragement of self‐inquiry, and validation of all bodies and experiences.
She is committed to offering yoga in a way that provides tools for healing, nourishing, grounding and rest that students can draw upon in any moment in their lives off the mat. Students regularly describe Rachael’s guidance as helping them to connect more deeply with themselves, while making yoga relatable and creating experiences that feel uplifting, empowering, restorative, and inspiring.
A practitioner of Reiki energy work, aromatherapy, and a variety of meditative and intuitive healing practices, as well as ritual and ceremony, Rachael offers a deepened experience of connection and that is both spiritual and grounded.
- MINDFULNESS-BASED YOGA ASANA
- GENTLE HATHA, YIN, RESTORATIVE & NIDRA
- MEDITATION (SHAMATHA, VIPASSANA, NIDRA + MORE)
- YOGA FOR TEENS:
- Right relationship with body (wellness & body-positivity)
- Practices to improve focus, concentration and sleep
- Regulating physiological responses to stress & anxiety
- Working with difficult emotions in a validating, constructive way
- Healthy connection & social practices
Certifications & Selected Trainings
- 2016: Certificate of Advanced Studies Completion at the 500‐hour level from Twist Yoga, Edmonds WA
- 2013: Certificate of Advanced Studies for 100‐hours of study from Dharma Yoga, Austin TX
- 2011: Certificate of 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training through Dharma Yoga, Austin TX (Keith Kachtick, Camilla Figueroa)
- Selected Trainings:
- 2018: Trauma‐Informed Yoga TT by Yoga Behind Bars, Olympia WA (Rosa Vissers & Jess Frank)
- 2017 & 2018: Yoga for Teens TT by Next Generation Yoga, Kirkland WA (Mackenzie Studebaker)
- 2016: Restorative Yoga TT, Breitenbush Hot Springs OR (Janell Hartman)
- 2016: Yoga Nidra TT, Edmonds WA (Michele Hausman)
- 2015: In-depth Study of Pranayama & the Vayus, Edmonds WA (Jeanne Heileman)
- 2015: Applied Study of the Chakras Immersion, Seattle WA (Seane Corn)
- 2015: Vedic Thai Yoga TT, Edmonds WA (Mukti Michael Buck)
- 2014: Trauma‐Informed Yoga TT, Portland OR (Hala Khouri)
- 2014: Yin Yoga TT, Edmonds WA (Janell Hartman)
- 2013: Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of Yoga Study, Austin TX (Craig Williams)
- 2013: Yoga & Buddhism, Advanced Integrated Studies, Austin TX (Keith Kachtick, Camilla Figueroa, Kelly Lindsey, Michael Hewett)
- 2011: Yin, Restorative & Prenatal Yoga TT, Austin TX (Camilla Figueroa)
- 2011: Shamatha, Vipassana Meditation TT, Austin, TX (Keith Kachtick)
Additional Education & Study
- 8‐Week Intensive Women’s Circle for development of intuition, power, vulnerability, and leadership with Cosetta Romani
- 12‐week Buddhist meditation practice with Senior Staff Teacher Kelly Lindsey of Yoga Studies Institute & Dharma Yoga
- Reiki Practitioner Trainings (I‐III), Master-Level with Daisy Thompson of Northwest Healing Studio
- Undergraduate Studies: Gender & Women’s Studies, Comparative Religions, Language
- Buddhist Teachers: Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche, Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche, HH 14th Dalai Lama, Lama Surya Das, Pema Chödrön, Thich Nhat Hanh
Examples of original workshops & series offered by Rachael
Teen Yoga Empowerment Circles, Beginner Series for both Yoga & Meditation, Healing through Chakras & Energetics, Thai Yoga & Partner Work for Connection & Compassion, The Practical Magic of Tarot (Evolving Spiritual Practice with Intuition)
For any inquiries and opportunities to collaborate, please reach out to me here.
I look forward to connecting with you soon–