Welcome to today’s special Halloween Tarot Card Reading!
Today I’ve chosen three cards that scream Halloween and can give some people quite a fright! But just like all of the cards of the Tarot, these represent lessons in life, and just like real life, everything contains a balance of shadow and light. These beautiful cards can tell us something important about ourselves and help us learn that going into our own shadow can bring us more fully into our own light! Enjoy!
Get grounded before you choose a card:
* If you can, sit on the floor. Getting down on the floor is something most of us give up when we “grow up”. Well, forget that notion! Sitting on the floor changes our perspective, it resets the mind, it’s one of my favorite what I like to call “shortcuts” to getting back in touch with the child self that is still inside of you. It immediately relaxes us, grounds us, and helps us get a little more control over that wacky-brain syndrome.
* Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths. Sigh it out. Let go of whatever’s been on your mind. Just remember what it feels like to be in your body, sitting on the floor, breathing, beginning to relax. While you are taking your deep breaths, feel the feeling in the pit of your belly.
* When you feel ready, open your eyes. Look at the four cards before you. Do you immediately gravitate to one of them? Does one of them give you a small reaction or feeling when you look at it? Without over-thinking it, choose that card. Leave a comment below with your card choice (Card 1, 2, or 3)!
* If you still don’t have a clear choice, close your eyes again, let go of the thoughts about the cards, the reasoning or decision making process that’s happening. Open your eyes again and choose a card. Just pick one. You can even move your hand toward the cards and see which on it gravitates toward- For most people, the left hand tends to be more connected to intuition. There’s no right answer here and you can’t do it wrong. Once you’ve chosen a card, take a deep breath, sigh it out, and let go of the choosing process. Be sure to write your choice (card 1, 2, or 3) in the comments below!
* Acknowledge any fears, worries, hopes, or dreams that came up during the process and take note of any insights you may have had during the process.
* I’m posting the card meanings right away today, so be sure to choose a card before you scroll down!
– – – SPOILER ALERT: If you haven’t yet chosen a card, please wait to scroll down for the answers. Choosing a card based on your intuition makes the answer all the more powerful! Once you’ve chosen– read on!
Ready?: Okay, ghouls and goblins! Here are your spooky-but-beautiful Halloween card answers! Be sure to leave a comment and tell me how the card you chose will inspire your actions over the weekend and the next week!
TAROT CARD ANSWER: Today’s cards come from The Robin Wood Tarot “. Card reading and answers by Rachael of Treetrunkwise Yoga
Card 1: “Death”
This card is notoriously used in movies and media as The Scary Card. Why? Because our culture does not honor death– we barely even talk about it! If we did, we’d not only realize that Death is a part of Every Life, we’d realize that we experience little deaths all the time that do not have to literally mean Death. This amazing card shows you your ability to shed layers that no longer serve you, to transform into a more beautiful and authentic version of yourself, to allow the ego to experience a little death each day in order to create more space for the True Self.
When we receive this card, it is important to ask ourselves: Is there a part of me that is ready to be let go of, to die a little death, to release in order to allow for my transformation? Now that might feel a little scary, but but change and release are always a little scary. The beauty that awaits you on the other side, however, is not! 🙂
Card 2: “The Moon”
Message: Dream, Intuition, Messages.
Who doesn’t think of a full moon around Halloween? Full moon with a bat, a Halloween cat, or maybe a witch flying in front of it! The moon is the mistress of the mysterious night, and is deeply connected with our subconscious, ruling our intuition, dreams, and inner rhythms. The moon reflects the sun’s light back to us, but with a decidedly different tone, allowing us to see things in a different light. Charged with feminine energy and the power of imagination (our ultimate creative source) the Moon entices us to connect inward, finding the deeper source of creativity and deepening our connection to mystery.
Give your logic and reason a break as you play dress-up this weekend, howl at the moon, and connect more deeply with the shadow realms within you. Pay special attention to insights that may begin in dreams, intuitions, and gut-feelings. This is the time for a night-swim in the deeper well within you.
Card 3: “The Devil”
Message: Attachments and Harmful Patterns
What are we really embodying when we don a pair of horns on our heads and carry around a pitchfork as our Halloween costume? The Devil is a concept and we all have our unique version of it. The Devil is not the being who tempts us or even the tempting thing itself. The real Devil is our own shadow in the face of that temptation. Different for all of us, it can be found in our addictions, beliefs, thought patterns, habits, behaviors, and lies. What these shadows have in common is our persistent attachment to something that may be harmful to us. We may deny these attachments to ourselves and others, try to hide them, or even be unconscious of their pull on us. This is a very real energy for human beings to contend with, because we constantly try to fill our emptiness with something.
When we receive this card, it is important to shine a light on our shadows. What are we attached to that is keeping us from true freedom? Recognizing and naming our own “little devils” can help to disarm them, bring them out of the shadows, and take away some of their power over us. We must first see the shadow to be able to move toward the light. None of us are alone in this, so reach out for support from a friend or loved one if you need to.
I hope you enjoyed this Tarot Card reading! How will you be connecting with the energy of your spooky-but-beautiful card this weekend? Let me know in the comments below! 🙂